We're looking for someone to join us for a 12 month contract (to cover Maternity leave) to lead our combined Strategy and UX team.
Strategy and UX is already a well established area within the agency, with a strong team in place who contribute significantly to the bottom line. As such, the role will largely focus on continuing to maximise the opportunities available to Strategy and UX. You’ll get the chance to lead the strategic and UX direction on projects across our full range of clients including Kia, The Royal Navy, National Trust, Clarks and Orange to name just a few, as well as being an active part of acquiring new equally exciting clients.
So what do we need from you?
You’ll be one of the senior members within the agency so you’ll ideally have experience of leading either Strategy or UX teams within a fast paced digital agency. Equally, we’d love to speak to you if you’re currently a senior and believe you have what it takes to make this your next career move.
Leading the team
• Work with the team to manage the strategy and UX deliverables across all clients and a range of disciplines including:
o Strategy – digital/site strategy, social, mobile and campaign planning
o UX – experience planning, information architecture, user research and testing
• Ensure all strategy and UX deliverables are resourced and delivered on brief, on budget and delight the client. Award-winning would be good too!
• You’ll be responsible for maintaining the quality of work we output for Strategy and UX – which means you’ll need to work with the team to plan projects, review work and input into deliverables where needed
• You’ll have the ability to motivate and develop a permanent team of 4 strategists and 3 UX’ers, plus regular freelance resource. You’ll also need to recruit freelance depending on the needs of the business
• Represent the interests of the team across the agency – whether that’s in planning resource, costing for projects or championing the side of Strategy/UX
• Evolve and develop Strategy and UX processes to meet the needs of an ever-changing digital landscape
Champion Strategy and UX
• Promote strategy and UX both within the agency, to clients and within the wider digital network – whether that’s selling in a new process to client services, leading a client workshop, presenting work or talking at conferences etc.
• Work with account / creative teams to scope and sell in ideas to clients
• Provide strategic direction in new business pitches – as well as a being a key part of the pitch team
• Be able to demonstrate digital thought leadership & expertise
Who we think you are
• Ideally you’d have experience within both Strategy and UX disciplines – although we recognise that this may be weighted towards one or the other
• If your career to date has been more focused on either Strategy or UX, we'd expect you to have significant experience and be operating at a senior level within that discipline - which means either leading the team yourself or a being a senior player in a bigger team
• You’ll have proven experience of leading teams or project work
• You’ll have proven experience of delivering ‘results’ with big name clients where there has been significant digital investment
• You have the ability to work independently – forming your own opinions, making your own decisions and standing by them
• You’ll be a digital enthusiast with a proactive desire to keep well versed on new digital trends and how to best implement them to get results
• You’ll need to be able to work from our main Bristol office
For more information about the role and an informal chat, get in touch now.