We’re looking for a UX consultant to join our team in either our London or Bristol offices.
Partnering with a range of commercial, government and third sector organisations we deliver high performing digital products and services. To name a few, we have partnerships with The Royal Navy, The View from the Shard, Honda and Arthritis Research UK. Although all projects have their own challenges and objectives, our approach always puts the user at the heart of what we do; solving business challenges by meeting user needs.
Recently we’ve won a stack of industry awards – including a UXUK award for recent work with the Royal Navy. We’re looking to further strengthen our UX team and you can help us to achieve our ambitions for 2018 and beyond.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll take ownership of a wide variety of tasks, activities and responsibilities, this will include:
- Formative research. This will include depth interviews, workshops, surveys and data analysis. You’ll translate your findings into personas, experience maps and requirements
- Definition and design. You’ll be responsible for developing taxonomies and sitemaps as well as collaborating with creative teams to shape the products that we deliver. This will include sketching, as well as lo and hi fidelity wireframes
- Evaluative research. Throughout development, and during live phases, you will be evaluating and monitoring the impact and performance of the products that you’ve designed. This might be user testing or working with our digital analysts to plan A/B and split tests
- Leading projects. You will be comfortable to take a leadership role on significant digital projects, this will involve liaising with senior clients and could include overseeing and managing the work of more junior colleagues
- Collaborating. You will work closely with colleagues within the UX team, as well as people performing other roles and disciplines – as well as clients. You’ll need to be comfortable working as part of a team and confident to adapt to new systems and processes.
- New business and marketing. You’ll support the process of securing new work for e3, as well as communicating e3’s opinion through white papers, blogs and events.
Who we’re looking for
- You are looking to develop your career as a UX practitioner.
- You have at least two years’ experience in a role similar to the one described above. We can flex the role to accommodate a range of experience levels, however, you need demonstrable experience planning and executing a wide variety of design research techniques as well as capabilities to translate these insights into digital products.
- You actively keep up to speed with industry trends. Digital doesn’t stand still so to make sure we continue to deliver at a high standard we must constantly evolve our processes and focus
- You are happy to muck in and thrive working as part of a team and will be able to manage multiple, overlapping workstreams
- You have excellent verbal and written communication. You need to be able to articulate an argument both verbally and in written format. Whether presenting back your UX thinking internally or explaining your rationale to a client in a report, you’ll need to be concise, clear and persuasive
This is an exciting opportunity offering a varied and rewarding role.