Location: Bristol or London
We’re on the hunt for a digital strategist/planner to join our growing team.
You’ll lead the strategic direction of high profile projects as well as helping define our clients long term digital strategies and providing day-to-day ‘sensible thinking’. The activities are wide ranging and no two days are the same – you’ll do whatever’s needed to define the right strategy to deliver our clients the best results.
We’d be looking for you to lead the strategic direction across our full range of clients including The Royal Navy, Honda, National Trust, Historic Royal Palaces, and Arthritis Research UK to name just a few.
This role will be a mix of;
Strategy – working with our clients to help them define the right digital experience to meet the needs of their business and audience – whether this is defining the right digital ecosystem for their business, defining the best use of AI or putting in place a social strategy
Planning - provide direction on the digital experience for a campaign or specific communication
So what do we need from you?
You’ll be one of the senior members within the team so you’ll already have significant experience in digital. You'll be an expert at uncovering business and audience needs and verbalising these into actionable strategies and plans that clients understand and buy into.
You understand the high level concept, but also how they can be delivered. You aren't afraid of getting your head into the detail when needed, in order to back up your arguments and bring them to life.
It maybe that you have more experience in either the strategy or planning side of the role. That’s not a problem – we’re more interested in you having the right skills and passion to deliver in each of these areas.
- To help our clients' businesses benefit from all the opportunities that digital has to offer
- To shape and lead our discovery process - undertaking evaluations of client business environment, objectives, customer needs, existing capabilities and competitive landscapes to identify digital insights and opportunities
- To undertake or commission primary research as needed
- Make decisions and recommendations on the most appropriate direction and channels for each project. Formulate the right strategies and content to delight the clients and deliver the results
- Work collaboratively with creative, user experience and tech teams throughout the lifetime of the project to ensure deliverables are in line with strategic direction and deliver the ROI
- Work with account/creative teams to help shape accounts strategically as well as develop or sell in ideas to clients
- Manage/support other more junior members of the strategy team
- Provide strategic direction in new business pitches
About YouWe believe that no Strategist is the same, but there’s a number of skills we are looking for in order to meet our perfect colleague
- You’ll have proven experience of delivering commercial results based on great insight and strategic direction
- Be able to demonstrate your digital thought leadership & expertise
- Be a digital enthusiast with a proactive desire to keep well versed on new digital trends and technologies and how to best implement them to get result
- You’re comfortable with gathering insights from data
- Have the ability to generate ideas based on insight individually or have the skills to facilitate collaborative sessions internally or with clients
- You’ll always have an opinion (but are able to express it ever-so-charmingly!), with excellent verbal and written communication – able to construct a your views and opinions into a compelling argument
- Have exceptional senior client handling skills - you’re believable and authoritative
- Ideally have had experience of leading/mentoring more junior members
Working at e3
We’re a growing strategically led digital agency of 70 – with offices in both Bristol and London.
We offer our staff some great benefits and if you come and join us you’ll enjoy:
- Working in a collaborative, honest environment where everyone is encouraged to have a voice no matter what their position
- 20 days holiday – PLUS we usually shut down for 10 paid days at Christmas
- Healthcare – after 12 months
- A dedicated training budget – we’re keen to see you progress as quickly as possible. If you have the passion and drive to success, we’ll support you.
- A contributory pension
- Plenty of nights out on the company credit card!
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunities at e3.